Worth Restoring?

• Dieselholic92
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Registered
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #271 by Dieselholic92
Worth Restoring? was created by Dieselholic92
I brought home this Thirty Five gas, and I'm torn on what to do with it. I actually bought it last year, but just got around to getting it now. I'm curious what the general consensus of the group is. If I do restore it, I would be removing the dozer. If anyone is interested in that, let me know. The blade itself is in very nice shape. Nice face, cutting edge, and frog. Most of the tin work is rough, tank looks ok, manifolds are shot, engine oil fill is cracked. I was told the engine was rebuilt, but haven't dug into it to confirm. Nothing has been touched on the undercarriage, transmission, finals, etc. The undercarriage does not roll freely. The guy I got it from tried backing the brakes all the way off and that didn't do anything. I'm not sure what is going on with the idlers, and if that puts the project in the "not worth fixing" category. The rest of the undercarriage looks to be in nice shape. Do I remove the dozer and restore it, or part it out?

David Gruhot

D&G Excavating, Inc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dieselholic92
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Registered
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #272 by Dieselholic92
Replied by Dieselholic92 on topic Worth Restoring?
Here are the rest of the pictures

David Gruhot

D&G Excavating, Inc.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #273 by jbernd56
Replied by jbernd56 on topic Worth Restoring?
Probably worth more in parts. just my opinion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dieselholic92

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #274 by NGaOldIron
Replied by NGaOldIron on topic Worth Restoring?
I would hold on to it. Do a little searching for another with parts you will need.a lot of tractors are made from two or three donor tractors. You have a great start especially if the engine is rebuilt.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #285 by B4D2
Replied by B4D2 on topic Worth Restoring?
Whatever went on with those idlers, the mechanic was some kind of special. Like Bill said, maybe you can source a new track frame and make things right. It will be interesting to see where you go with it.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #301 by ironman3406
Replied by ironman3406 on topic Worth Restoring?
I say restore it!!  Have you got any information on the power control unit and blade? I may know a guy interested ;) 
Cheers Nathan