Visited An Old Friend Today

• Dieselholic92
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Registered
More
11 months 4 weeks ago #277 by Dieselholic92
Visited An Old Friend Today was created by Dieselholic92
This 229 was hauled into the local scrap yard in 2016 or 2017. It loaded itself on the lowboy, walked off the lowboy once they brought it through the scale, and luckily they decided to keep it to use around the yard. In the winter of 2017/2018 I had the opportunity to run it a few times, loading out contaminated dirt into our side dumps, and I fell in love with it. I've always wanted a 225 for a toy, but I like the rarity of the 229, and this one is pretty straight all things considered. I've been trying to buy it ever since then with no success. Today I was looking at some dirt work at the scrap yard, so I stopped by to say hi. Still not for sale or trade unfortunately. They never have much of a budget for improvements, but they still won't trade it for equal value in work, I've tried that multiple times. I never noticed when I ran it, but all of the warning labels are in spanish.

Here it was in 2018 when I was loading trucks.

And here is how it was sitting today.

David Gruhot

D&G Excavating, Inc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caterpillar20

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #278 by B4D2
Replied by B4D2 on topic Visited An Old Friend Today
If it's just going to languish, it needs to go to someone who appreciates it. We can always send a team from the CPHQ to "persuade" a transaction LOL.

Keep at it, eventually, they will wear down and realize the best value to them is the deal in front of them.

• Dieselholic92
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Registered
More
11 months 2 weeks ago #287 by Dieselholic92
Replied by Dieselholic92 on topic Visited An Old Friend Today
That would be nice if someone could convince them! This last time, I was told that they are holding on to it because they have another 229 somewhere in their fleet. I find that hard to believe, but I’ll keep at it

David Gruhot

D&G Excavating, Inc.