Early Farming with Cats.

• Garlic Pete
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #362 by Garlic Pete
Early Farming with Cats. was created by Garlic Pete
I have a small collection of photos, mostly taken by Bob Yelland in the Clarksburg and West Sacramento areas from the early 1900s through about 1980.  I'll provide a few photos here every once in a while with any information I might have about what is going on.

Hopefully I'll be getting access to a much larger collection of Mr. Yelland's photos and will post them as I get them.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them here.  I'll try to reply or do some research to find out more information.

If you have anything similar, please post here with your information.

Pete.

At the Sparling Lease.  Barley loading on the stern-wheeler Sacramento at Sparling's Landing on the West Levee.

Elgin Lease.  Wagon train hauling barley.  Elgin wagon train.  Note the Holt Forty Five with what must be a spark arrestor barrel.  The smokestack vents into the barrel, maybe filled with water?

Elgin Lease.  Wagon train hauling barley;  Elgin wagon train.  The same Holt Forty Five with the spark arrestor barrel.

Elgin Lease.  Barley loading on the Barge Fay No. 3 at Elgin's Landing on the West Levee.
Last edit: 6 months 1 week ago by Garlic Pete.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 77DDT, jbernd56, chuckbogar, loberndKS, Daniel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 1 week ago #367 by loberndKS
Replied by loberndKS on topic Early Farming with Cats.
Wouldn't it be great to have vintage pictures from across the country? I can see a really nice coffee table book.

More
6 months 3 hours ago #373 by B4D2
Replied by B4D2 on topic Early Farming with Cats.
I love seeing these vintage images of early earth and soil moving.  Thanks Pete.  Keep 'em coming!